Saturday, September 29, 2012

Just Wanted To Check In

Hi Everyone, I wanted to apologize for not having posted in a while and say thank you to those of you who sent messages and emails to check on me. Things have been a little rough here. My husband and I drove 3 hours yesterday to get me to a good neurosurgeon in Zephryhills Florida. He was the doctor who put my shunt in 13 years ago. I have a brain tumor and he put a shunt in the base of my spine to keep the pressure down from around my brain. Well, for the last 2 years I've been having seizures and headaches but about 2 months ago things kinda kicked into high gear. The seizures are coming regularly and the headaches are excruciating. But God has been good and I have not lost any more of my vision, which I am very thankful for. The doctor decided that risk to me where far greater than the benefits would be at this point, so I am seeing some additional doctors to help deal with the pain and seizures and praying that God gives me the strength to handle what I have to deal with. I have a big God and I know that with Him nothing is impossible and I will get through this.
 
I decorated my church bulletin board which I will try to remember to photograph when I go to church tomorrow. Then my niece is getting married next weekend in West Virginia and with all my health problems I can't be there but I was able to help with some things for the reception and my cricut was just buzzing. I was able to make tags for the candy buffet and since the theme of the wedding was fall, I cut out some squirrels, acorns, pumpkins and leaves to decorate the candy table with. I wish I could be there but still being able to help her has made me so happy. It almost (almost) feels like I'm there. I took some pictures on my phone to send to my niece but was in such a hurry to get them to her that I forgot to take pictures with my regular camera. I'll try to get them loaded and show you what I made.
 
Again I would like to thank you all for caring and being so kind to me.
Thanks for visiting me today and happy crafting.
God Bless
Sherry

3 comments:

  1. Sending thoughts & prayers your way. I hope your niece has a great wedding.

    Hugs, Sheena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending Healing thoughts your way Sherry. I hope you get better soon and that the wedding goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers that God will heal you and make you whole. Stay strong Ms. Lady. We love you all. ~hugs~ Karen Sue / ScrappyKsue

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are appreciated.
Thanks.
Sherry