Friday, January 20, 2012

U R So Sweet Blog Hop

Hey everyone, this has been such a fun week. We spent this entire week showcasing a particular set of stamps. Mine was the Amazing You stamp set. It was super easy to use those everyday and there are so many other things I could have done with them. They would also work as a set you could use for tags, scrapbook pages and Valentines Day cards.
For today's project I used Kristal's It's Valentines Set.



She makes such awesome stamps. Take a minute and head on over to Kristal's shop and check out her incredible stamps. I know that you will find a bunch that you love. Click here to go to her blog. Use the code sherryfreeship at checkout and you'll get free shipping on your order.

My project for today is a plaque I made for my little girls room.

I used a round plaque that I'd had for a long tie. I painted the edges of the plaque with folk art Champagne acrylic paint. I measured the top of the circle and cut it out of Colorbok Flutter Bye designer paper. Then I used some Iamroses and half back pearls that I got from Kerry Duff (Duffer9904 on youtube). I sprayed the flowers with my homemade shimmer paint, which gave them all of their shine. Then I added a round pink mini paperclip to the cluster of flowers and used that to hold my tag for my project. I used a 1 inch circle punch out of regal rose Stamp-in Up Card Stock and I stamped "with love" from K. Andrew Designs stamps in Jennie Bowlin Spice Tin Ink. I used the die cuts from the paper pack to spell out my little girls name. I really like how it turned out and my little girl loves it. So that makes me very happy.

Next on the hop is Amanda. Be sure to go there and give her lots of blog love.

Thanks for visiting me today and happy crafting.
Sherry

28 comments:

  1. Such a pretty plaque! You did a great job on it. It is so pretty and feminine. No wonder your daughter loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherry you did an amazing job on this plaque! Great job!! TYFS :)

    Amanda
    Getting Cricky JrDt - sister
    cricktncrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Sherry!! Gorgeous flowers
    Kristan
    GCDT-Sister

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sherry, it turned put GORGEOUS.. You are awesome making those beautiful flowers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, the flowers are gorgeous, Sherry!! What a beautiful, beautiful plaque!! I love this!! :)

    Lisa
    Getting Cricky DTM - Sister
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is sooo pretty. I love the flowers. Beautiful wall hanging.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so pretty and so beautiful Sherry you are so amazing with your creations I love it wow, its so nice being here on the DT with you Hugs Debbie
    Getting Cricky Jr DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is an amazing plaque. She did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Plaque & flowers are bee-utiful.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blgospot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a great decor project. I really like the extra sparkle your homemade shimmer paint adds to the flowers. Thanks for sharing.

    Cheri - Getting Cricky JrDT Sister
    www.djssundries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow How Beautiful. Love the Way you made this. the flowers and the shine this has you have done an Awesome job. love the papers and the colors. thanks for sharing.
    Anita Getting Cricky Jr.Dt. Sister
    www.anita-craft-corner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful plaque, love the flowers!
    janiceaeschliman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, what a lovely plaque. The flowers are so pretty and the papers are beautiful. A great sentiment!! I know your daughter must love it.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so gorgeous! I told you before you are so talented. Beautiful job.

    Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Sherry, this is GORGEOUS! What little princess wouldn't love this in her room? Mariah is probably smiling big! :) I love the shimmer and the flowers - what a great project!

    Nita
    www.niftynitanotes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ohhh Sherry, it's beautiful!! I know your daughter is going to love having it in her room!!

    Ildi your DT sister

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous!
    Miranda :)
    Getting Cricky JRDT Sister
    www.nanasscrapspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your plaque is gorgeous. The flowers are amazing. I'm sure your daughter loves it.
    Hugs,
    Larelyn
    GC Jr.DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very pretty. Like the shine and great looking flowers.
    marg0006@verizon.net
    Loving Scrapper 101

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful plaque Sherry. Love the butterfly paper. I am sure it looks fabulous in your little girls room
    Heather Getting Cricky JrDT sister

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful!!

    Veronica Getting Cricky JrDT Sister
    mommyscraftycreations.blogspot.com
    mommyscraftycreations at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your plaque is gorgeous, I'll bet it's even prettier in person. Love the flowers! lflinesatcomcastdotnet

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sherry, your children are so blessed to have you for a mom! I love the plaque you made it is beautiful. Especially the roses, wow! Tahnks for stopping by my blog and if you ever want me to send you some of my empty Cricut cartridge boxes, I would love to, I have more than I will ever be able to alter. I feel truly blessed to be on the Getting Cricky DT with you!
    Blessings to you ,
    Jana

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is GORGEOUS!!! I love everything about it! Fantastic projects this week! They are all so beautiful!!! Great job!

    Hugs,
    RhoLynda
    GCDT Sister

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sherry This is beautiful. I want one! :)
    You did a lovely job on it.

    Smiles Sher
    ShersL84bed@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. These Plaques are just lovely!!
    Wonderful!!
    Cheers Jennie
    Getting Cricky Jnr DTM sister

    ReplyDelete
  27. The flowers are beautiful. The plaque is a wonderful idea.
    TFS!
    Cindy Lou
    http://scrappinc.blogspot.com
    endurapuppy at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are appreciated.
Thanks.
Sherry