Sunday, January 15, 2012

Let It Snow Simply Sunday Challenge

For this Simply Sunday Challenge you need to do some kind of embossing. For my project today I decided to do some heat embossing, which I haven't done in a long time. It was a lot of fun and I had forgotten how pretty it is.


I just learned not to long ago how to do the criss cross card and am really loving that design. It's like giving a pretty envelope with your card. There is plenty of room for writing on the back of the card base.  The designer paper is from Jillibean Soup Collection (Christmas Eve Chowder). Stamp-in Up products are bashful blue card stock, snowflake stamps and small tag punch. I used a snowflake charm and bead from my stash. Twine is from Pink by Design. My favorite stamps are from K. Andrew Designs at Getting Cricky. I just love her stamps, they stamp perfect every time and you can get that set by clicking on the link above.

The Getting Cricky Design Team will be doing a new post every day for the next week each showcasing a particular set for the entire week. That should give you an idea how versatile these stamps really are. So be sure to come back and check out our new post everyday.
Thanks for visiting me today and happy crafting.
God Bless
Sherry

17 comments:

  1. This is so awesome, Sherry!! The penguin paper is just adorable and wow, the embossing on the envelope is stunning and elegant!! Gorgeous project - I love it!! :)

    Lisa
    Getting Cricky DT - Sister
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool card! I love your envelope!! And your bg paper is so stinkin cute! I loooovee it :)


    Amanda
    Getting Cricky JrDt- sister
    cricktncrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sherry, I LOVE those penguins! So cute! :) Your embossing is beautiful - a heat embosser moves higher and higher up on my wish list every day (especially when I see projects like this!). Gorgeous card, my friend. :)
    Nita
    www.niftynitanotes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherry I have tried so many times to post on your blog, have even tried to email u and it is send back to me.. Trying one more time... Pray u are feeli g better. Hope u get this, love your card a d your beautiful head band
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Card Sherry! I know I told you before but your photos and projects are getting better and better! Great Job, I'm going to try one of these criss-cross cards, I love pretty envelopes. I like the look of your blog too. Holly :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. supper cute. Love your Card. Love the embossing on the Envelops very cool.your Bling is Great to. thanks for sharing
    Hugs
    Anita Getting Cricky Jr. Dt. Sister

    ReplyDelete
  7. so pretty!! Love the heat embossed snowflakes, the criss cross card is one of my favourite, i really should make some more.
    Kristan
    Getting Cricky Jr. DTM-sister

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sherry,
    This is just a beautiful crd. I love the criss-cross design. The papers are beautiful. And the way you attached the tag is so so cute. Love it!!!
    Charlotte
    GD jrDT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh My...this is just beautiful. I think it's my favorite of this collection. I just love it!

    Patti
    Jr. Design Team member

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sherry, Love these designs and the embossing is wonderfully stylish!!
    Cheers Jennie
    Getting Cricky Jnr DTM sister

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love penguins. This is so cute. love the embossing! Great job
    Heather Getting Cricky JrDT sister

    ReplyDelete
  12. Like the heat embossing on the wonderful Criss Cross penguin card. Not heard of a Criss Cross Card before. Do you know of a good video on how to make one?
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. The embossing on the envelope is so elegant. Thanks for showung this to us.

    Cheri - Getting Cricky JrDT
    Www.djssundries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a mixture of cute and beauty -- the penguin paper is adorable and the embossed snowflakes are so pretty! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super Cute!
    Miranda :)
    Getting Cricky JRDT
    www.nanasscrapspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is just an adorable project. I love the paper. It makes a perfect crisscross card.
    Hugs,
    Larelyn

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are appreciated.
Thanks.
Sherry