Thursday, December 1, 2011

Sara's Bridal Shower Favors

Today's project is the party favors I made for my daughters best friend Sara's bridal shower. Her colors are white, silver and peacock. So I took my daughter's maid of honor dress and used it to match the paper I chose. Peacock is a very hard color to figure out.
The purse is cut from Tag's, Bag's, Boxes and More Cricut Cartridge. It was cut at 8 inches on my gypsy and fits great on an 8.5 X 11 sheet of card stock. I used paper trey ink for the white and peacock color. The silver ribbon is from Wal-mart. The scalloped circle and white circle are Stamp-in Up punches. The ink I used was Jenni Bowlin Spice Tin ink, which matched the peacock color almost perfect. The sentiment is a K. Andrew Designs Stamp set called Amazing You. Click here to see all of Kristal's awesome stamps. I chose the "so sweet" stamp because it was so sweet of everyone to come and support Sara in her shower and upcoming marriage and because I took chocolate nuggets and wrapped them with monogrammed address labels to cover the sweet chocolates. I made a point of getting the plain chocolate ones because they were already wrapped in silver paper. So the colors were carried through into the goodies inside the bag.

I stamped 50 tags and everyone of them came out perfect the first time. Now that's what I call super stamps.
Thanks for visiting me today and happy crafting.
God Bless
Sherry

P.S.
I was going to show you the card I made for my aunt Vicki today but just didn't feel like it was appropriate. I asked myself  2 questions: Would Aunt Vicki think it was funny - yes. Would I want the world to know that I did it - no. Most would have considered it funny. But as a woman who considers herself a Christian and strives to set that example in my everyday life. It's not something that I felt I could share with you all and still be true to who I am.  Especially when I know that young people look at my blog. Everything you will see me do is g-rated. Sorry for any ill feelings this may cause.

4 comments:

  1. These are so pretty Sherry!!! great job on them I know she will love them!!
    Kristan
    Getting Cricky DT Sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these are so cute!!! you made 50 of them..wow you are BUSY!!! I hope you are feeling better :)... Thank you for all your sweet comments you leave me all the time...I appreciate them so much :) Hugs Monique

    ReplyDelete
  3. 50 stamp and perfect every time... that's what i call a good stamp. Everything turned out just beautiful Sherry, you are such an inspiration.. and i am sorry not to see Aunt Vicki's card, but respect your decision... you know what's best.. i am sure Aunt Vicki will love the card.. Have a wonderful day Sherry.

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are appreciated.
Thanks.
Sherry