Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Brrr. . . Snowman Card

Hi All, one more day and it will be 25 days til Christmas. YEAH! My favorite time of the year. I have been making my Christmas cards a little at a time this year, so that I don't get tired of making them and have the pleasure of enjoying what I'm doing. This year instead of sending out a ton of cards, I decided to send my mom and my mother-in-law cards every few days, just letting them know how much I love them and how thankful I am for them in my life. I started doing this a couple weeks before Thanksgiving and I'm hoping to have their house filled with cards by Christmas. A few were fancy, but most were just made to hopefully bring a smile to their faces. The one I'm going to show you today is going to my mother-in-law. This is the first time I did paper piecing and I'm real happy with how it turned out.
The snowman is from Stamp-in Up and the sentiment is from K. Andrew Designs. She has an awesome mix and match set for Christmas called Winter Wishes and the possibilities just seem endless. Click here and check out all the cool stamps Kristal has available. I've already got my next sentiment picked out for a card I'm making for my aunt Vicki. Don't tell the rest of my family but she is the only other one getting a card from me this year and that's because she'll get a kick out of this card. It's not my typical Christmas card. Kerry Duff gave me the stamp in a RAK that I'll be using tomorrow, so please be sure to stop back tomorrow to see it.
Now back to today's card.
 I paper pieced the scarf, hat and patch on the snowman. The Brrr... sentiment is from K. Andrew Designs and was stamped in Jenni Bowlin Chili Powder Ink. The snowman was colored using Stamp-in Up watercolor pencils and blending pens. The white card stock is from Papertrey Ink and all the other layers are from the DCWV Christmas mat stack from last year. After I finished cutting all the pieces out, I used a black sharpie and just ran the edge of my pieces around the black tip, to hide any white paper lines and make sure that the black line was just as intense as it was before I started cutting. Because I'm not the best cutter in the world and this seemed like a great way to cover up any boo boos I made.
Thanks for visiting me today and happy crafting.
God Bless
Sherry

4 comments:

  1. What a cute little card. I just love snowmen. Be sure to enter it in the weekly challenge at She's A Sassy Lady, you could win a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The snowman is very cute and the colours are nice and matching.

    Print vip cards
    Transparent business cards

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to show your parents and in-laws how much they mean to you . You are so creative Sherry, I am sure they are going to feel all the love you have put into all the cards .. Your snowman is so cute, he was sure to bring a smile to their face..I can't wait to see Aunt Vicki's card.

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are appreciated.
Thanks.
Sherry