Saturday, December 3, 2011

Gift Card Ornament

A quick decorated gift card holder with a fun little twist on how to give it. Can you imagine going to your friends house to see their Christmas tree and just slip this on with their other decorations to find later. I think it would be a fun surprise.
Have you ever gotten a gift from someone and then had nothing to give them in return. That's happened to me, when I didn't know they were buying me anything for the holidays and I've always felt awkward taking a gift when I knew I had nothing to give them back. Well, with this you just slip it on a branch on their tree and walk away and avoid that awkward moment for your friend.
It doesn't have to be a gift card that you put inside. This little card is also a great way to tell a friend, in a short message, how much you love them and appreciate their friendship. I call them my pick me up cards. They are super easy to decorate, you can have different colored bases already cut out and prepared. Put a quick decoration on the front, slip in the note and you've just made your friends day.
The sentiment is a K. Andrew Design Stamp from the Winter Wishes stamp set. Click here to check out all of Kristals awesome stamps. The die was from My Creative Time.

Thanks for visiting me today and happy crafting.
God Bless
Sherry

5 comments:

  1. That is such a wonderful idea. TFS

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sherry you always have such wonderful, thoughtful ideas.... Have a beautiful day my friend

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so awesome, Sherry and what a great idea! I am going to use this idea!! :)

    Lisa
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great Ornament love love it. I have made this before and they are so great. love the colors you used. thanks for sharing.
    anita Getting Cricky Jr. Dt. member
    www.anita-craft-corner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are appreciated.
Thanks.
Sherry