Monday, July 25, 2011

Simply Sunday "Freedom isn't Free" at Getting Cricky

Hi guys, Kristal at Gettin Cricky is having a Simply Sunday Challenge and if you'd like to play along, here is the link
I found Kristal's blog about a month and half ago and have completely fallen in love with it. She is an amazing lady, full of inspiration and Godly wisdom to share. Check out her blog and I hope that you receive the same kind of encouragement that it always gives me.
Here is the card that I'm linking up to her blog, I hope you like it.


This is my idea of a soldier (Prince Charming). I've been adopting soldiers for over 2 years now and have truly loved doing it. It feels good to be able to do something to brighten a soldiers day, even if it's just a little bit, especially after all they do for me. This card is going to one particular and very special soldier to me. He is my cousin and I love him very much. I hope he likes the card I made.
Here is the recipe and the cartridges that I used.
Cricut Cartridges:
Every Day Paper Doll Cartridge - Book cut at 3.93 X 5.07
Cricut Classic Font Cartridge - Words cut at .50 inches
Computer generated sentiment.
JoAnn - Bazzill - Huckleberry Pie Card Stock
Pigma Micron 01 pen for faux stitching
Corner Chomper
 Wal-Mart - @ the office - Primary Pack (Red Card Stock)
Stamp-in Up - 3/4 inch circle punch
Papertrey Ink - White Card Stock
I cut the book 3 times. I scored the top part so that it would open the way that I wanted. Then adhered the two pieces together with my atg gun. Then I took the third one and cut the spine of the book out so that I could make it a different color.
I cut the sentiment to fit the inside of the card and then used a 3/4 inch hole punch to round the edge to look similar to the shape of the book and used the corner chomper to round the edges of the inside sentiment.
Thanks for visiting me today and happy crafting.
God Bless
Sherry



15 comments:

  1. Your card is fabulous, Sherry! So clever. Thanks for joining the Simply Sunday challenge this week.

    Kelly (Getting Cricky Guest Designer)
    http://kellyscraftylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, this is so nice. You rocked this challenge. Good Luck!
    Thank you for playing our Simply Sunday Challenge at Getting Cricky.
    Hugs :),
    Kathy - Getting Cricky DTM
    http://the3esblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, Sherry what an awesome card! I absolutely LOVE the sentiment! I love how you designed the card to look like a dictionary - so clever and unique! Fabulous card! I'm playing along with the Getting Cricky Simply Sunday challenge and I'm a new follower :)

    Lisa
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This just awesome.. I am sure he is going to love it..hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sherry, I love your card :) I'm sure your cousin will love it. Such a small thing to make a soldier smile while in combat. Thanks for joining us at Simply Sunday this week :)
    ~Hugs~
    Becky
    www.squirlygirlcreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this... it is so unique! Your blog name rocks ;)!

    Thanks for joining us at Getting Cricky
    Rebecca "Crafting Misfit"
    Getting Cricky DTM
    Visit my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute card! I love the saying on the inside. Great job.
    Thanks for playing along with us this week
    Becka
    Getting Cricky DTM
    www.creationswithbecka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. wowo that is too cool! i love that!!

    Thanks for playing along with us at Getting Cricky's Simply Sunday Challenge.

    Kathy
    GCDTM
    www.scrappingfelkatz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a very creative card! Great Job! I'm sure that will put a smile on his face! And Good Luck! :) I am also playing along with the Getting Cricky Simply Sunday challenge..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha, how cool is this? I love that you have been adopting soldiers for a couple of years. Way to go!!!
    Thanks for joining us on Simply Sunday at Getting Cricky.
    Hugs
    Brenda GCDTM
    I would be honored if you came to see my blog here

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea, very cute!! I'm hopping around to get inspiration for this challenge, thank you.

    Lynn B.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute card! I'm playing along with you at Getting Cricky this week. Good luck! :)

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute card! Love that it looks like a dictionary! Great Job & Good Luck in the challenge! I too am playing along in this weeks Getting Cricky Simply Sunday Challenge!

    Lynda
    lyndascreativetouches.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is really super cute! Great job!
    Hugs, Jenni
    http://mylollipopgarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an adorable card and sentiment!! How PERFECT for the challenge!! :)

    Thanks so much for sharing your talent in the Getting Cricky Simply Sunday Challenge!! :)

    Getting Cricky DTM
    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
    Join the FUN on Facebook!! :)
    Love To Crop! facebook page

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are appreciated.
Thanks.
Sherry