Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sock Monkey

Hi Everyone. I was never a big fan of sock monkey's when I was growing up. To be honest, they kinda weirded me out. But when I saw them on the Sugar and Spice and B is for Boy Cricut Lite Cartridges I just thought they were adorable. Maybe I was going through a anti-sock monkey phase and I've finally out grown it. LOL
I love how the hat turned out and if you click on the picture it will enlarge. I ran the hat through the textile embossing folder and it gives it just enough texture to make the hat look like it has been knitted. I really like how this card turned out and hope that you do too.
Before I give you the recipe for this card.
I wanted to remind you all to check out your local
Wal-Mart - they are marking down their Cricut Lite Cartridges. The ones at my store are down to $29.99 and I was told that they would go down again in price in August.
Now for the recipe:
Cricut Lite Cartridge - Sugar and Spice
Stamp-in Up - Sahara Sand, Chocolate Chip and River Rock Card Stock (for monkey), dimensionals, white gel pen and Circle and Scalloped Circle Punch
Papertrey Ink - Hibiscus Burst Card Stock
Custom Crops - Cuttlebug Textile Embossing Folder and Imaginisce Enchanted paper pad (background designer paper layer 2)
Wal-Mart - Colorbok Earth Tone (background designer paper layer 1)
Joys Life - Lots of Puns - Monkeying Around
RAK - from Duffer9904 on youtube - heart charm
Pink by Design - Twine
Thanks for visiting me today and happy crafting.
God Bless
Sherry

2 comments:

  1. LOL... you are so funny Sherry... Anti-sock monkey. She turned out just adorable. I agree the hat looks like it was knitted.. So cute. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am so glad to hear someone else was weirded out by sock monkeys! I never liked them either - although maybe if they had looked as cute as yours I would have. :) Super job on the card - it's just adorable.
    Nita

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are appreciated.
Thanks.
Sherry