Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Emma's Throwback Thurs. Challenge - Episode 209

The challenge was to use the Wild Card or Just Because Cricut Cartridge and to emboss somewhere on your project. I used the baby rattle from page 76. (It is the shift-icon button) I used the real dial size button at 5.12 inches and welded a 2 inch circle to the rattle using my gypsy. (When I do it again I will add a 2.5 inch circle so that it fits better.) I then cut a 2.5 inch scalloped circle to go on the back of the favor to hold the candy in. (again I'd make it a 3inch scalloped circle) I used the 1 3/4 in stampin up circle punch to make room for the treat cup to fit in. If you don't have that punch you could center a 1.75 inch circle real dial size in the center of the rattle, to make room for your treat cup. I then filled it with pink and blue jelly beans but you can add whatever your favorite candy is. The treat cup is only 1/2 inch thick, so the smaller the candy the better it will fit.
Before I put my scalloped circle on I stamped the back with My Creative Time - Turn that Frown Upside Down Stamp set (you have made my day) and then heat embossed it with rainbow embossing powder. There was a bow that was cut out from the cricut image but I used my scissors and cut it off and added my own white satin ribbon around it.
The products I used are:
Wild Card Cricut Cartridge
Stampin Up - Regal Rose and Bashful Blue Card Stock, Treat Cups and 1 3/4 inch circle punch.
My Creative Time - Turn That Smile Upside Down - "You have made my day."
Stash - Rainbow Embossing Powder
Joann's - Heat gun
Wal-Mart - White Satin Ribbon

Thanks for visiting me today and happy crafting.
God Bless
Sherry

5 comments:

  1. Sherry, this is so cute! I love it:) I wish I would have seen it earlier. It is perfect for this week's entry at Cooking With Cricut, Anything Goes. You only have two hours left to enter. Maybe you will see this in time to enter!! You are so creative. TFS!!
    ~Madison funkycards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherry this looks great. I love it. What a great giveaway. Thank you for joining us at Emma's Throwback Thursday Challenge.

    Hugs
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sherry this is so adorable.. I am always amazed at your creativity when I stop by... hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable! I love it! :) I have another award for you.
    http://niftynitanotes.blogspot.com/2011/07/another-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great party favor, love your idea.

    Ruby
    http://handcraftedsimplybyus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are appreciated.
Thanks.
Sherry