Thursday, July 14, 2011

Owl Belly Band Card

I designed the card base on my gypsy with a square for the base and circles on each side and welded it all together. I scored the card at 4.0 inches all the way around and folded the circles into the center. The total size was 8.32 X 8.06 inches. I've made a couple cards like this and I really love how they turn out. This card would work well as a gift card holder as well.
The owl was cut from the Sugar and Spice Cricut Lite Cartridge at 2.5 inches and all it's layers.
The belly band was cut at 1.5 X 11 inches and then trimed after I used my ATG gun to seal the band together. I used my bone folder and made sure that the creases were real tight on the band, so it didn't slip.  Then used a large glue dot to hold the owl on the front of it. I placed my sentiment above the owl to leave the inside plain so that there was plenty of room to write inside the card. I will list the supplies I used below.
Papertrey Ink - Fine Linen and Dark Chocolate Card Stock
JoAnn's - Bazzill - Watermelon Sensation and Blackberry Swirl
Joy Life Stamps - Wild Life Puns - You're A Hoot
Thanks for visiting me today and happy crafting.
God Bless
Sherry



3 comments:

  1. Sherry I love the pink strip.. it just makes that adorable little owl just pop off the page.. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherry,

    What a cute lil owl! He's adorable! Great design on the whole thing! The welding of circles to squares - I might have to try that one!

    TFS!
    Mary
    http://marys-crafty-scraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are appreciated.
Thanks.
Sherry