Friday, July 29, 2011

Craft Supply and Idea Book

I started by cutting the chipboard at 5.5 X 6.5 inches.
The inside card stock and papers were cut at 5 X 6 inches.
After I completed the video I realized I forgot to show you the A2 size envelopes that I added to my book.
I sealed the envelopes and cut off .50 an inch off of the top. Then I used a 1.5 inch hole punch to make a half circle to make it easier to get inside of the envelopes. I'll use one for coupon's and receipts and the other for photo ideas from magazines that I find.
I used the Storybook Cricut Cartridge and cut the S at 5.5 inches and all of the layers. I then used my
I-rock that I got at Jo-ann's and added some heatset pink bling to the S that I bought from Wal-Mart.
I used Colorbok paper for this project. For the back cover I doubled the chipboard to make it sturdy enough to use to write on. I'm thinking about adding some elastic to the front and back cover to slide a pen inside. One so that I always have a pen handy and two so that it will keep my book closed when I'm not using it. When I add that to the book, I'll put up an updated photo for you to see.

My daughter has the sweetest friend. Her name is Thuy and she does nails. After she worked all day, she came over and did my nails and both of my daughters nails. My littlest, thought it was the coolest thing she has ever seen. Of course, I've painted her nails before but I've never been talented enough to put little flowers on them. It was a real treat for all of us and when I was working on my project today, I realized my nails matched my book. Now, how cool is that? 
Sometimes when I start to wonder why God has put us here in Florida, he shows me how blessed I am by showing me the wonderful friends he has put in our life. Thank you God!
Thanks for visiting me today and happy crafting.
God Bless
Sherry


2 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Sherry! I have something similar, but I included a section for challenges too - I always get mixed up on when challenges end, etc. YOURS, however, is MUCH prettier than mine. :) Your video is awesome - you explained everything perfectly. And might I add that your nails are GORGEOUS! Love that they match your book! lol :) Well done!
    Nita

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book is AMAZING! I am in awe of it!! I have wanted to do something like this for a long time now, and just never seem to do any crafting for myself! You have inspired me GREATLY!! You book is amazing!! I love all the explanations you give in the video as well! You're such a fabulous crafter!!
    Thanks for always inspiring me!!
    -Lori Craftin' Blind

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are appreciated.
Thanks.
Sherry