Thursday, June 23, 2011

Vacation Bible School - Mission to Mars

I can't believe that I haven't posted since Monday. That's a long time for me. I have been working crazy getting things ready for Vacation Bible School (VBS) at my church. Our theme this year is Mission to Mars. So thank goodness I live in Florida because I was able to get some things from Kennedy Space Center. I'll show you some of that as we get further into our VBS program. Most programs last a week long, but we do ours every Sunday evening all summer long. It's not what I'd like to do, but you have to do what you can when you only have a few workers. I have a few models helping me show you a couple of the rockets I cut out for our program. I think my models are cuter than my rockets are, but I could be a smidge biased, because I'm their mommy.

These are two of my decorations for our Mission to Mar's and they were super easy to do. All the paper for both projects were from the Paper Studio 12 X 24 inch textured card stock primary pack.
The first rocket and all it's layers were cut at 13.01 inches. The second rocket and all it's layers were cut at 20.60 inches using my gypsy for both of them. We then added some glitter glue to both of them, to snaz them up a little more. I think they'll look great on our bulletin boards.
Thanks for visiting me today and happy crafting.
God Bless
Sherry

2 comments:

  1. Oh yes Sherry.. your models are pretty cute... but I love your rockets.. I am so hoping you get your cart. today... hugs from ukiah

    ReplyDelete
  2. The models are super cute :) love the rockets..what a great VBS theme. I miss VBS..I still have Jesus is the apple of my eye magnets at my parents on her frig..wow that was so, so long ago. I made them in VBS.

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are appreciated.
Thanks.
Sherry