Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Happy 4th Card


July 4th is my birthday, so I decided to send my mom a thank you card. I have one of the best mom's in the whole world and I just wanted her to know that I appreciate her. This is the first time that I made a card like this and it was a lot of fun. I started with a square and then added circles on each side, they met in the middle to make half circles on each side of the square. So when I folded up the circles I was able to make a belly band to go around the card to keep it closed. It really gives it a neat look. It would be a great card to hand out for showers or birthday invitations, putting the information on the inside of the card and adding a larger design on the front to match the birthday theme or a monogram for something more formal. Below is a list of the supplies I used and where I got them from encase you are interested.
Paper Doll Dress Up Cricut Cartridge cut at 2 inches and all his layers.
Joy's Life - Mother and Daughter Set
Stampin Up - 1 3/8 circle punch, 1 3/4 scalloped circle
Peachy Keen Stamps - PK-490 Everyday Character Faces
Wal-mart - Craft Card Stock and @ the office (red) primary pack
Papertrey Ink - White Card Stock
Joann's - Bazzill - Blueberry Swirl and Reminisce (Freedom Collection - U.S. Stripes)
Thanks for visiting me today and happy crafting.
God Bless
Sherry

3 comments:

  1. It turned so cute Sherry.. I am sure she will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super Cute card. TFS and Happy Birthday. Sure hope you have a good one. God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable and what a great thought to send your MOM a thank you card on your b-day. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are appreciated.
Thanks.
Sherry