Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Graduation Pillow Boxes







I am so excited and proud of my two upcoming graduates this June. They will be the
Suwannee High School Class of 2011
Suwannee Bulldogs.
These are the pillow boxes and the candy that we got for their graduation party. There will be a pillow box at every place setting. We live in a small town and there is a lot of school spirit here, so I think everyone will love these. Each box is a little different and will be filled with dog bone shaped candy. I couldn't help myself though, I had to put "WOOF" on each one. We are the "Wolfe" family and the boxes all say "WOOF". LOL
Hopefully I'm as funny as I think I am and everyone gets that. Everything will be decorated in green and yellow and I'm making charms to tie around the plastic-ware that will also be at each setting. When I get them done, I will post a picture of them also.
I'm not sure if it's just that I'm so excited or if it's because I love doing crafts but I am enjoying doing all of this so much. My plan is to have the charms done by the end of the week and then start wrapping the plastic-ware and put them all in large ziploc bags, so they are ready. Then I'm gonna call and order the cakes on Monday and I've already got all the table clothes, plates, cups and napkins stored in my room. I want this to be such a special day for both of them.
Jesse is allowed to stay in high school through age 21 because of his down syndrome and he is very happy about that. He has the greatest teacher any parent could ever ask for. Danée will be doing her basic courses here at the local community college. Which she has already been doing for 2 years. That's just another reason I'm proud of her. She is graduating with honors and going to college at the same time. I know I may be a smidge biased but I think she's a pretty awesome young woman.
I will be sure to post pictures after we decorate for the party and of the other decorations I make.
Sorry folks, I've spent so much time bragging on my kids that I almost forgot to tell you what products I used.

The pillow box die and the red sticky tape for sealing the boxes closed is from Stampin Up.
The stamps are from Recollections and are called, Woof Woof.
The green ink is from Martha Stewart and the black ink is Staz On.
We ordered the candy from www.amazon.com.
The green and yellow paper is from staples. I was able to get those colors in packs of 250 sheets. Super Good Deal!
Thanks for visiting and happy crafting!
Sherry

4 comments:

  1. oohh Sherry those are so so cute!!!! Kerry :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! Great idea to put the "dogbones" in there! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea Sherry..I love those little dog bone candies :)..Yummy!! I have a big sweet tooth lol... You asked about my froggy ribbon ..Sorry but I have had it forever just another part of my stash that I have no idea where it came from lol... sorry!! I hope you have a wonderful week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo supper cute idea! love the "woof" idea.
    :) love your blog.

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are appreciated.
Thanks.
Sherry