Monday, May 2, 2011

God Bless the USA

I'm sure by now most of you know what happened last night. A lot of work by our armed services and a lot of our military men and women have lost their lives, to make sure that the United States of America was safe from a very dangerous man that caused one of the biggest tragedies is US history. Well, today I would like to post this card in honor of our amazing service women and men. There is one person in particular, the one I entend to send this card out to. Her name is Kerry Duff and alot of you may know her as duffer9904 on you tube. She is a very sweet lady and mother of 2 young children. She sacrificed her time with her family and risked her very life to go overseas, defend our country and fight for our safety. If you get a chance drop her a note and let her know that you appreciate the service she did for our country.

Now on to the card:
All the card stock for this card came from wal-mart. Craft color, primary red and navy blue.
I embossed the card using a Darice embossing folder called star border. I got it at Custom Crops.
(I  love that store.)
The red,white and blue twine is from Pink by Design.
The star is one I had in my stash.
This is an A2 size card and all the layers were cut down in .25 inch increments.
The saying is computer generated.
My Creative Time with Emma has a great stamp set that would work for patriotic cards, called My Little Firecracker. I don't have that set so I had to go with one on my computer. But I wanted to make sure that you all knew about it and might want to purchase it to make cards for the fourth of July or send to any folks you may know who are in the military to let them know that we appreciate their hard work.
Thanks for visiting my blog today and happy crafting.
Sherry

3 comments:

  1. Great card, love the embossing! Thanks for joining us over at the Creative Cutter Room! DT Member Carri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow super card - thank you for sharing and also for your support for our Military
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful card!Thank you for sharing it in the Creative Cutter Room

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are appreciated.
Thanks.
Sherry