Thursday, April 28, 2011

Frog Card 3

Hi folks, I'm  back again. My daughter loves frogs so she's always the inspiration behind all of my frog cards. So this card has a pink background and I figure it will work for a girl card too, even with a frog on it. All the papers from this card were done using my scraps so I don't have any information on the papers I used. The frog was cut from the create a critter cricut cartridge at 3.5 inches. I used glossy accents on the frogs eyes and glitter glue on her cheeks. The stamp is from Stampin Up. The ribbon is from wal-mart. I fell in love with this ribbon the first second I saw it. But I didn't have many colors of paper then and it was a little difficult to match. I've over come that problem now, I'm happy to say.
I got to go to Joann's on Tuesday and most of you are thinking, "Well, okay?" But it's a big deal to me. I live in a small town without any craft stores near by and I have an electric wheelchair which I need, so taking it places is a large undertaking. So I was exstatic when my daughter found her prom dress and I found out that there was a Joann's in the very next plaza. To give you an idea of how tiny this store was, I think I've been in gas stations bigger than this Joann's. I wanted to purchase some stickles, because everyone seems to love to add it for some bling on their projects and I don't have any. Well, I asked the lady where they keep their stickles at and she looked at me like my head was on backwards. After I explained to her what stickles was, yes - she works in Joann's and I had to tell her what stickles were. She took me right to the glitter glue. So needless to say, I still have no stickles. But I do think the glitter glue did okay on my frogs cheeks. I just had to let it dry and then add a second coat to get enough bling to suit me.
Thanks for visiting me today and happy crafting.
Sherry

1 comment:

All your comments are appreciated.
Thanks.
Sherry