Tuesday, May 3, 2011

God Bless the USA 2

My first patriotic card went to a soldier who had served her time overseas and is safely (Thank God) back here in the states with her family. I adopted a soldier through an organization called adoptaussoldier.org and this card will be going to him. My job was to adopt him and send him encouraging notes, postcards and packages during his time overseas. I even made him some cards already addressed for him to send back to his family here in the states. That was a lot of fun. It was a great opportunity to get to know a young man, willing to give of himself to make sure that my family and I were protected. He is my hero! I was very thankful for the opportunity to help him get through what is, I'm sure a very difficult period in his life and I'm thankful to say that I am able to call him my friend now.

Now on to the card.
This is an  A2 size card and again a very simple design. It is going to a guy after all, so I tried to keep it more plain than I usually would do.

Joann's - Cuttlebug embossing folder (Stars)
Wal-mart - primary red, blue and white cardstock and blue and red buttons
Sentiment was computer generated.
I embossed a larger piece of red cardstock and then trimmed it down so that I could get the 2 stars across the way I wanted. Then added the blue beside it. I cut the sentiment and placed it in the center of the blue, then trimmed it to make it even and fit my card and then added the 3 buttons across the top with glue dots. So you can see there really wasn't a whole lot of measuring with this card. So for those of us who sometimes fumble with measurements this is a great card design to try. If God provides you the opportunity today, tell a service man or woman that you appreciate the job they are doing. I sure do!
Thanks for visiting and happy crafting.
Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment

All your comments are appreciated.
Thanks.
Sherry