Sunday, May 22, 2011

Danée and Jesse's Prom - Daddy/Daughter date night

I don't know about you, but I love to read the things that others are doing in their lives and with their families. I like to get to know the people who's blogs I follow. But if personal stuff isn't your thing, you may want to skip this post. Because this one is about my family and a special occasion to us.
Danée is very shy and going to the prom was never a priority for her. Not to mention, she'd rather take a beaten then wear a dress. So when she said she wanted to go to her Senior Prom, I jumped at the opportunity to take her dress shopping. This is the dress she picked out. She made her own hair piece and jewelry to wear for the occasion. I have no idea were she gets her craftiness from. LOL I think she looked completely gorgeous. Finding a young person who is beautiful on the inside and outside is a rare combination, but it is one combination that Danée possess and I'm so proud of her.

Jesse looking so handsome in his tux. He's quite the ladies man or so he tells me. This is one young man who has brought so much joy into my life.

Danée and Dad after he put on her corsage.

Jesse and Daddy.

Jesse making his big sister get up and dance. She wouldn't do that for just anyone. But when Jesse gives her the big doe eye's it's hard to turn him down.

Danée and Jesse getting ready to head over to the prom, after they all had a great meal provided by The Anna Miller circle. That group of ladies are awesome. They do so much to help in Jesse's class. I wish every kid could have teachers like Jesse has and all the support that is given to them is amazing.
Now for Daddy/Daughter Date Night.
We couldn't leave Mariah out of such a special night. So she picked out one of her pretty dresses and her daddy gave her her first corsage. They went out to dinner and then they went to the movies. Of course, Mariah got to pick the restaurant and she picked her favorite place - McDonalds. I may be a tiny bit biased, but isn't she a cutey? Another of the loves of my life. 


Mariah getting her corsage. She thinks the world revolves around her daddy. My husband loves all of our children with all his heart. But the day our adoption was final for Mariah he was so happy I thought he was going to explode. I don't think I've ever seen him smile so much. He is a great daddy, again I may be a little biased. (Just a little.)

Jesse was showing Mariah how to dance when she is old enough to go to the prom.
Thanks for listening to me brag on my babies and my husband for a few minutes. I am so thankful to have such a wonderful family.
Of course, I can't do just part of my family. My son married the most wonderful young woman on
May 1st, 2010 and they just celebrated their first anniversary. Not only do I have 2 great sons but now I have another daughter that I can't imagine my life without.
Isn't she gorgeous? I wish I could say that I could take credit for him marrying such an awesome young lady, but he picked her out all on his own and he did a great job.
I couldn't be a happier mother-in-law. 
Thanks for visiting me today and happy crafting.
Sherry

4 comments:

  1. Awwww, FANTASTIC! Thanks so much for sharing! You are the BEST parents - I love how you included everyone in your daughter's special night. Brought a little tear to my eyes. :)
    Nita

    ReplyDelete
  2. all your children are beautiful! Thanks for sharing :) I hope your daughters and son had a fantastic time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aawww I have to say..what wonderful pictures and a wonderful story!!! and yes brought tears to my eyes as well!!! Kerry :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe!..How sweet! What great pictures to share :) I hope they had a fabulous time!

    Hugs, Sheena

    ps..thanks for the info about the darice folders..I'll check it out. I got mine at crafts 2000. I love embossing folders too, but I never use them that much..I really need to use them!

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are appreciated.
Thanks.
Sherry