Friday, May 20, 2011

Challenge Card


This is for the Creative Sisters Monday Challenge #8 and the Queen of my Craftroom Animal Card Challenge and I'll place the link beneath this is you would like to play along with the rest of us.
This is going to sound so bad but this card is for my Pastor. You should know that he has a great sense of humor and picks on me all the time. I think of him and his wife as my Florida Parents (all my family lives in West Virginia). So trust me when I say, he won't be offended.
This is an A2 size card with craft paper as the card base.
The designer background paper was cut at 4.0 X 5.25.
I embossed the designer paper with a wood grain embossing folder and then inked over the embossed image. The buzzard and all his layers were cut at 3.5 inches from the Life's A Party Cricut Cartridge. I have used this cartridge a lot and love all the cuts. The branch is cut from the Gypsy Wandering's Cricut Cartridge. So, let me tell you the supplies I used.
Wal-Mart - @ the office card stock - craft, red, orange, black and grey, Colorbok (Earthtones designer paper) wiggle eyes and glue dots.
Joann's - Tim Holtz Wood Grain Embossing Folder and Martha Stewart Black Ink (inked around the grey circle on the vultures neck)
Stampin Up - Early Espresso and Crumb Cake Ink (inked across the embossed image)
The sentiment on the inside of the card is computer generated.
Again using the @ the office black and red card stock.
The black mat is cut at 4.0 X 5.25.
The red mat is cut at 3.75 X 5.0.
Thanks for visiting me today and happy crafting.
Sherry

5 comments:

  1. Super cute card. TFS. I just became a follower. God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great cards! I love the bra one! :)
    Thanks for stopping by
    Jeanne
    www.buildingitonpennies.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this buzzard - the card is priceless - great job.

    Thanks for playing along with us on Creative Sisters Monday challenge.

    Linda
    www.lindascreativity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, love it!!! The image is so fun and the paper choice is perfect. It will surely give your Pastor a good chuckle!

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are appreciated.
Thanks.
Sherry