Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sympathy Cards


I don't know about you all, but sympathy cards are the hardest cards for me to make. I struggle even trying to think of the right thing to say and so normally I don't have any in my card box. Well, thank God I did these cards two weeks ago because I needed one yesterday. My dear friend died and left behind her son, my
god-son. This has been one of the hardest things I've ever had to deal with. So when I needed a card to give her new husband (they had been married a month) I was able to get one out of my card box. Because God knows I was in no condition to even begin to try to make one.

The card is a A2 size card base from Stampin Up - Regal Rose
The first layer is cut at 4.0 X 5.25 inches in Fine Linen from Papertrey Ink
The second layer is cut at 3.75 X 5.0 (It's from a RAK I received from Kerry Duff and you can find her videos on You Tube by looking for Duffer9904)
The ribbon is Fine Linen from Papertrey Ink.
I printed the saying from my computer and I cut it out with the shape cutters from Creative Memories.
The second card is another card I made and placed in my card box.
It also is a A2 size card cut from Fine Linen from Papertrey Ink
The first layer is cut at 4.0 X 5.25 inches in Baja Breeze from Stampin Up
The second layer is again from the RAK from Kerry Duff.
The ribbon is Fine Linen from Papertrey Ink
The saying if computer generated and again cut from with Creative Memories Shape Cutters.
I raised it up on Recollections pop dots from Joann's.

Please keep my god-son and her husband in your prayers. This loss was so shocking and unexpected. That my heart is absolutely breaking. I know my blog is suppose to be a place you all can stop in and see the cards and crafts that I've made and I'm sure that you don't expect to have to hear me crying. But I just need prayer. I will be going to the funeral this week and it's going to take all the strength that the Lord can give me to get me through this. Please pray for my 2 children with down syndrome, Jesse and Mariah. They considered Levi their brother and are both taking this very hard, as well.
Thanks for stopping by my blog today and please remember to tell the people you love how much they mean to you, because we never know how long we will have them with us.
Sherry

1 comment:

  1. These are so pretty. I am sorry to hear about your loss, my thoughts go out to you {{{hugs}}}
    A similar thing happened last time I made a sympathy card for my box :o(

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are appreciated.
Thanks.
Sherry