Wednesday, July 5, 2017

My Life, My Blog, My Channel, My Heavenly Father

When I originally started this blog, it was strictly to share the cards and crafts that I make. Then I felt very defeated because I was not getting any new subscribers or comments. I lost sight of what was important to me and that is not that anyone praise me or oooohhhh and aaaawwww over the things I make. I lost sight of the one thing in this world that is more important to me than anything and that is Jesus Christ. I had began a YouTube channel so that I could show how to make the things I was making but also so that I could share the things that happen in my life and how amazing my Heavenly Father is to me. I know that people go to blogs for all kinds of different reasons.

I bought a set of stamps the other day from Sweet and Sassy and right across the top of their packaging it says,"...sharing the love of Christ through paper crafting". That's what I want to do. I think I had trouble expressing myself in words and pictures. But once God opened the opportunity for me to do video's and show someone exactly what I was doing, things changed. But more than that, I was able to show you my crafts and how I made them but I was also able to talk and tell you all about the things going on in my life and the Heavenly Father who gets me through each and every day.

We had something pretty awful happen last week, something that rocked me to my core. I got so upset that I went from fine to furious in seconds and that is when I fell, I said things that were not pleasing to God. I had to ask Him to forgive me. I want this blog to be about crafts but also about sharing my love for my Lord and Savior. I want people to understand that just because I say I'm a Christian, that doesn't mean that I'm perfect or that I'm not going to mess up because I really messed up that day. I had never felt so betrayed in my life. Then I remembered that Jesus knew exactly what I was feeling. That he had also been betrayed and hurt by the people he loved and trusted. I know that a lot of people think that, "Oh God doesn't know what I'm going through. There is no way He could ever understand." Well, I'm here to tell you that He does understand and that it's not about the things we face but about the way we feel that God understands. Did God ever get on the internet or did God ever drive a car and have an accident. No, he didn't. But what He did do was feel the pain when someone wrote something about him that wasn't true or see the chariots and soldiers trample people in their way and He felt just like you did the day you had that car accident and hit someone and they were hurt. He did have people write and say horrible things about Him. So He does understand how I feel and He understands how you feel. So I just want people to understand that it's not about the physical act of something, it's the feelings that we share when something happens that God knows, understands and has felt Himself.

So here are my plans for this blog and my YouTube channel. I would love to share the cards that I make with you, I'll show them through video and with photos. I'll even link the products I use so that you can find them easily. As long as you understand that everything I do, I want to do for the glory of God. I am not perfect and I will make mistakes. But guess what, God is going to pick me up and dust me off and say learn from this Sherry. So whatever it is that happened and I failed Him. I promise I will try to learn from it and not make that mistake again, so all I'm asking from you is a little bit of Grace when I mess up and for you to know that God loves you and so do I.

God Bless,
Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment

All your comments are appreciated.
Thanks.
Sherry