Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Please Pray for Us

Hi everyone. We live in Live Oak Florida and if you've been following the weather you know that we have had more than our fair share of rain. We had been fighting the water for almost a week, doing everything we could to keep the rain from coming in our house. I sewed sand bags until my poor sewing machine was exhausted and so was I. We loaded and filled sand bags, had trenches dug and yet the water kept coming. Two days ago we had to admit that we couldn't fight it any longer and it wasn't safe for us to be in the house anymore. My husband carried our littlest to the suburban, my oldest daughter helped my son out then my husband came back to help me. We have been staying at our church. Well, we woke up this morning to find a huge sink hole about 30 feet in front of the church doors. The police came to let us know that if it moved closer to the church that we would have to leave. Right now, it has stayed where it was and I am so thankful for that. I got on here today to ask you all to please pray that we are able to get back into our house soon and  that the damage is minimul. Your prayers will be greatly appreciated.
God Bless
Sherry

8 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about the conditions your family and neighbors are going through. I am praying that you will be able to return to your home soon and that the damage is minimal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sorry to hear that. I am praying for your safe return to your home.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear that Sherry. I'm sending prayers and thinking of y'all. I know the feeling my family went thru a flood when hurricane Ivan came up north. It's awful. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. You and your family stay safe.

    Hugs, Sheena

    ReplyDelete
  4. i was just praying for you this morning Sherry.. so sad to hear about your house. Will continue to be praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Sherry, I saw it in the news and could not believe what I was seeing. I will pray for you and your family and all those that have been affected by this horrible weather. Stay safe and hope that sink hole stays as it is.
    Ana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying that the water dries up and you can get back into your house!!! Kerry :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. so hoping you can go home soon... sending prayers up for you.

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are appreciated.
Thanks.
Sherry