Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Missing my blog and all of you.

I wish I had a project to post for you all but I just got out of the hospital and have been in there since my last post. I got home last night and am so thankful to be back in my own house. I can honestly say this was, by far, the worst hospital experience I've ever had. I am still waiting for the results of some test but could not spend one more day in that hospital. They were giving me some kind of steroid to make sure that I didn't get any blood clots while I was in there. So not only do I look like a pin cushion right now but I do not handle steroids very well.

My roommate was 98 years old and was a very sweet lady. But she was very scared and didn't want to be alone. So she decided that I should sit up with her at night. Well, after about the 4th night with no sleep because I was sitting in a chair between our beds and the steroids they were giving me (which make me very grumpy) I decided that I had to get some sleep. Well, she wasn't happy about that. She'd ring for the nurse and then when they'd come, she'd tell them that it was me. (You can laugh, it was funny. But at the time I was trying to figure out how I could bust myself out.) This is definitely something I'll never forget. She told me I must have been a big baby because I'm sure fat now. Yes, this is another example of some of the fun conversations we had while I was in there. Then the 15 guest she had in her room for 8 hours on Saturday was another amazing experience. They were taking pictures of each other and laughing and having a good ole' time. I think they thought they were at a family reunion. I was just waiting for someone to whip out fried chicken and potato salad and it would have been complete.

If anyone else has had fun and exciting hospital stays, I'd love to hear your stories. Please tell me that I'm not the only grumpy patient out there. LOL

Thanks for visiting me today and happy crafting.
God Bless
Sherry

4 comments:

  1. Awww...Sherry glad you're out of the hospital. Crazy roomates are the worst when your sick, of course roomates in general when your feeling well can be crazy too..LOL Hope you feel better and get back to crafting soon. You were getting so good at taking photos too!
    Holly :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sherry, So glad you were able to get out of the hospital. Sorry for the bad experience.
    I sent you an email. Hope to speak to you soon.
    ana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sherry, I was just thinking about emailing you today to see if you were ok.. Sorry to hear you have been in the hospital... Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sherry,
    I'm glad to hear you are out of the hospital. That is the worst place to be when you want to rest!! I can realate to your horrible roomate stories. I have been hospitalized for at least one week per month for the last five years, and BOY do I have some stories!!! I used to have a blog telling all of my roomate stories once I got home, but I took it down when I started my craft blog, and I would much rather craft!! Hehe. One of my favorite stories though, was when my roomate was a woman in her 90's who thought I had broken into her house and was sleeping in her room!! Oh gosh. She started swinging at me, screaming at the top of her lungs, tried calling the cops from her hospital phone, etc. It probably didn't help that I was laughing the entire time. The nurses had to give her medicine to calm her down, and as soon as it wore off, she was right back in my face. Poor woman. But I always come home with stories like that. You have to be able to laugh, it's what gets us through the tough times. :)
    I'm glad you're out of there though! Don't wear yourself out doing too much now!!
    Take care!!
    -Lori
    Craftin' Blind

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are appreciated.
Thanks.
Sherry