Thursday, January 12, 2012

My First Flower Headband

I did a video showing you some of the flowers that I made the other day. Well, I enjoyed making them so much that I went to Wal-Mart and got a few more spools of ribbon. They didn't have a lot to pick from, but I did get a few spools. I have a beautiful little great niece who will be turning 1 in a few weeks and she has been in several pageants. Her mommy always puts these big hair bows on her and so I called and asked her if she could use another all white one. She told me that would go with her little Easter dress. So I was so excited, I got right to work on them. I think I made the band a little big, so I am going to make it a little smaller and I'm going to use the pink and lace flower I made the other day on another band.
I used a very wide, narrow box pleated ribbon, added white tulle, then put a piece of a boa feather and added a looped strand of pearls. Once I did that I used E6000 glue to add swarovski crystals all over the flower and tulle. Since my niece doesn't live near me, I asked my daughter to be my model. I hope that you like them and am inspired to make some for a little cutie in your life.


Thanks for visiting me and happy crafting.
God Bless
Sherry

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty Sherry the headband and your daughter!!
    Kristan
    Getting Cricky Jr. DTM-Sister

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are appreciated.
Thanks.
Sherry