Thursday, November 10, 2011

Turkey Button Buddy

Hey everyone, I'm back with another button buddy and this one is a turkey. Just like all of the other button buddy's I made, he is super cute and super fun to do. So let me start by telling you all of the things I used to make my card.
My card is a 4.75 X 4.75 square card base made out of Stamp-in Up Peach Parfait card stock.
The top two layers are from DCWV Harvest Gatherings Mat Stack. The bottom layer is cut at 4.5 X 4.5 inches and the top layer is 4.25 X 4.25.
I then embossed the top layer with my big shot and the cuttlebug embossing folder - pumpkin harvest. I love this folder and think it goes great with Cinderalla cards as well.
Then I inked the embossed layer of the card with Tim Holtz Dried Marigold Distress Ink. The bottom layer and card base were also inked with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo.
The sentiment is from K. Andrew Design - Scripture Sayings Stamp set  and if you'd like to see more of Kristals great stamps, just click on the link and it will take you directly to Kristals stamp page.
The ribbon is from Papertrey Ink - Orange Zest.
The punch art is made using Stamp-in Up medium ovals,  1 1/4, 3/4, 1/4 and 1/8th inch circles and the scalloped oval for the sentiment.
The button came from Wal-Mart.
Here is a picture of my card, please excuse the picture quality. For some reason, no matter what I did it seemed to come out very washed out. I really love how running the ink over the embossed paper turned out though and I hope you can see it.
Thanks for visiting me today and happy crafting.
God Bless
Sherry

4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Sherry! I love him! I really love his colourful tail and the embossed background looks fabulous! You are so clever!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super adorable!! The embossing looks awesome and I love the message "In everything give thanks" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is just beautiful all dressed up in his colorful feathers --- you are so creative Sherry, love how you embossed it... Have a wonderful day my friend
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sherry I love him! He's just so cute, with his big google eyes (crack me up every time!)and his colourful tail. You are just so creative! The embossing looks wonderful too - what a great card. :)
    Nita

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are appreciated.
Thanks.
Sherry