Thursday, October 20, 2011

Build a Bear - Missionary Card

We had the sweetest missionary, Mary Meighan, come to our church one Sunday and it just so happened that we knew her from when my husband preached at the Plant City Church of the Nazarene. So my daughter and I wanted to make her a card. We were so happy to see her again. Well, I wanted to do a simple bear card - then my daughter got involved and she always works from the mind set that the sky's the limit. I kept saying I don't have that on a cartridge and she'd just reply, "Mom, you just cut it by hand." Okay, silly me. When Mary was in Paupa New Guinne she worked as a nurse. So I made the nurse bear (I had a die for that) and my daughter made the tribe bears. Who Mary assured us actually did dress like this. I hope you like our card.
The bears are all cut from the Stamp-in Up Build A Bear Die along with the nurses outfit.
The tribe bears outfits and accessories were hand cut, drawn and colored by my daughter, Danée.
I hand wrote the sentiment.

Thanks for visiting me today and happy crafting.
God Bless
Sherry


4 comments:

  1. Adorable!!! Love the tribe bears outfits. :)

    Hugs, Sheena

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is this!!! and what an inspiring person you are! your children are lucky to have you! You do beautiful work, I have enjoyed visiting your blog today. thanks for stopping by mine. Keep up the great work and I hope you are showered with the blessings that you deserve.
    blessings,
    jana bailey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherry this is just too precious.. and how fun that your daughter wanted to do this and helped you with it... tell her she did good. hugs from ukiah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, Sherry, this is so awesome!! Wow, those bears are so absolutely adorable and your daughter did a fabulous job with the tribe bears!! Her coloring and outfit designs are just amazing! And the bows on nurse bears shoes are the perfect touch! Love this :)

    Lisa
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are appreciated.
Thanks.
Sherry