Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Thank you Thuy!

A few post ago, I told you about my daughters sweet friend. She worked all day doing nails and then she came to our house that evening and for a special treat to me and my daughters, she did all of our nails. I had never had anyone do my toe nails before - at first it felt a little awkward. But Thuy put me at ease real quick and she painted my toes to match the awesome job she did on my fingers. Mariah couldn't decide on a color, so after she narrowed it down to 10 colors. Thuy used 5 to paint her finger and toe nails and she took the other 5 and used them to paint flowers on top of the base polish. This young lady must have the patience of Job. Mariah messed them up 4 times and Thuy just would clean that one off and start all over.
Now to show you why I told you all about my nail polish experience again.
I wanted to be sure to say thank you for all her kindness. So this is the card that I made her. I probably should have made the polish bottle larger, but I think it turned out okay. The recipe will tell you everything that I used.
Papertrey Ink - Hibiscus Burst and Razzberry Fizz Card Stock, Razzberry Fizz Ribbon
Stamp-in Up - Melon Mambo
Target - Colorbok - Metallic Paper Pack
Custom Crops - Imaginisce - Garden Party Stack
Joy's Life - Mother and Daughter Stamp Set - Thank You
Pink By Design - Pink Twine
Slumber Party Cricut Lite Cartridge
I cut the nail polish at 3.5 inches and all it's layers and the heart was cut at 1.54 inches and all it's layers. Using Stamp-in Ups Melon Mambo ink, I inked around all the pink pieces.
I put some pink twine through the hole I punched in the heart and wrapped it around the polish bottle. I put dimensionals on the back of the bottle and placed it onto the card but I wanted the tag to look like it was just kinda hanging around. So I placed adhesive under the heart and then adhered it to the card. I hope you like my little "Thank You" card and I really hope that Thuy liked it too.
Thanks for visiting me today and happy crafting.
God Bless
Sherry

3 comments:

  1. Oh Sherry what an adorable card.. I love it. I can't believe I don't have that cart. either. lol.. what a cute card for what your friend did.. it couldn't be any more perfect. What a special treat. hugs my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card, and a nice story to go along with it! :) That was so sweet of you to make this for your friend. Have a great day. :)

    Ashley
    http://especiallymade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are appreciated.
Thanks.
Sherry