Thursday, August 25, 2011

Queen of my Craftroom California Themed Project

A California Themed Project - huh - I had to put a lot of thought into this one. I grew up in West Virginia, so that's my favorite state. I've lived in Florida now for almost 20 years and I really couldn't think of anything that I did in California that I couldn't do here in Florida. So for a while I was really stumped. Then it came to me. There was one thing in California that I couldn't have gotten anywhere else. One of the most precious gifts I've ever been given came from California.

It was ----- MY HUSBAND.
He was stationed in San Diego, the cutest sailor I ever saw and that is where we lived for the first year of our married lives. We met on Christmas day and I'd have married him that moment if he'd have asked. We were together a total of 21 days before we got married and I couldn't ask for a better husband for myself or father for our children. So this is my California Themed Projected, the cutest sailor from The Base at Point Loma.

This is a picture of us on our wedding day. I bought a mini canvas and easel set from Wal-Mart. Then decoupaged it and waited 15 minutes between coats. Each time making sure that I switched directions from vertical to horizontal.
Thanks for visiting me today and happy crafting.
God Bless
Sherry


3 comments:

  1. Oh Sherry this is just beautiful.. and what a wonderful thing you got from CA... you were a beautiful bride... hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. aawwww Happy Anniversary!! Kerry :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWWWWW! This is so beautiful! I love stories like this - happily ever after DOES happen. :)
    Stop by my blog when you get a chance - I have an award for you. :)

    http://niftynitanotes.blogspot.com/2011/08/blog-award-and-update.html

    Nita

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are appreciated.
Thanks.
Sherry