Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Colorbok Rose and Doily Card

This is my first 6 X 6 card and I really enjoyed doing it. Lets start with pictures of the card and the video I made to show you all how I did it.

I started punching out 5 doilies from Stamp-in Up Triple Layer Punch
I cut a Colorbok Cream 6 X 12 base and scored in the center to make a 6 X 6 card base.
The base layer was cut at 6 X 6 inches and the top layer was cut at 5.5 X 5.5 inches from the Colorbok Rosewood Paper.
I used my xacto knife to trim around the semi circle to open it up and allow room for the doily punches, to make a lacy border. I inked around the doily punches and all of the layers with Colorbox Chestnut Ink. I layered everything as even as I could and the final touch was to add the sentiment. The sentiment came from My Creative Time (smile, everything will be fine)
Thanks for visiting me today and happy crafting.
God Bless
Sherry


4 comments:

  1. WOW Sherry...I am loving this card!! I love making 6x6 cards!! Really beautiful!!! Kerry :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card! Thanks for the great tutorial. I'll have to try making one of these myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty Sherry... your videos are great... hugs from ukiah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherry, this is sooooooo pretty:) I love the paper you chose. It goes so well with the sentiment. I saw the comment you left on my blog today. The administrator of Pediatric Specialty Care left a message for you on my blog. You can go back to my blog and read it. She said that anything for the kids would be great. Thank you so much!!!! I love corner bookmarks. I just made a couple for next week. Shhhh! Don't tell anyone. HAHAHAHA! You ROCK~
    ~Madison funkycards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are appreciated.
Thanks.
Sherry