Saturday, August 13, 2011

Candy Holders for I Feel the Love with Madison from Funky Cards and upcoming Super Sunday Challenge at Getting Cricky with K Andrew

This project is going to Madison at Funky Cards - Feel the Love Project . The recipient this month is a very sweet little girl named Kate. I'd love it if you'd check this project out and join in with what I hope to be a bunch of us crafters, and show this family how much they are loved, prayed for and thought of.
I used Tags, Bags, Boxes and More Cricut Cartridge and cut the tag holder at 8.5 inches. I was able to fit 3 to a 12 X 12 sheet plus the liner (because my paper was single sided). I used my computer and printed the names for the 3 children in the Feel the Love Project. Once I printed them out I punched them out with the 1 3/8 inch circle punch from Stamp-in Up. Then I punched two 1 3/4 scalloped punches in different colors to layer behind the name circle. I scored all the lines and then added the liner. Once the liner was in place I put atg tape on the two sides and sealed the tag holder. I added the name punch with 2 dimensionals. Then used my cropadile to punch the hole in the top of the tag holder and in the second scalloped circle. I used twine from Pink By Design that matched my color scheme and put it through the scalloped circle, knotted that and then ran it through the larger hole on the tag holder. (I made the twine long enough so that the holder could go around a gift bag or door knob for a little early morning note for someone special in your life. Then I used my white gel pen and made accents on the scalloped circles. For the final and best step, I slide a pack of fun size m&m's inside the holder.

Thanks for visiting me today and happy crafting.
God Bless
Sherry

11 comments:

  1. Sherry, this is the cutest project!! I just love these. Thank you so much for sharing all the information on how to make them. I want to make these for my friends:) Yours turned out so cute and the kids will love them. You ROCK!! Thank you for all your support.
    ~Madison funkycards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sherry these turned out just too cute... hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I might scraplift this idea for the kids I teach at church. They would love it. :)

    Thanks!
    Pam
    Simply-Pam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute video. Love the favors! Good Luck!
    Thank you for playing our Simply Sunday Challenge at Getting Cricky.
    Hugs :),
    Kathy - Getting Cricky DTM
    http://the3esblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun favors! I can see those at my next kiddos bday party, thanks for the idea! Thanks for joining us at Getting Cricky for our Simply Sunday Challenge too :)
    ~Hugs~
    Becky- Getting Cricky DTM
    www.squirlygirlcreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so sweet. What a nice little treat holder.

    Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so cute! I love them! Joining you at Getting Cricky this week!
    Hugs, Jenni
    http://mylollipopgarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so adorable! I love the critter paper! What fun and fabulous favors! Thanks so much for playing along with our Getting Cricky Simply Sunday Challenge :)

    Lisa
    Getting Cricky DTM
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are really cute and fun for any party!I'll b trying these out...TFS
    www.scrapmyway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are appreciated.
Thanks.
Sherry