Monday, August 29, 2011

Butterfly Card for Simply Sunday "Winged Things" Challenge at Getting Cricky w/ K Andrew

I've been watching Kristal's blog for a while now and I love how she just sits down with her camera and whips out a card while she talks to us. So I thought (that was the first thing I did wrong) if Kristal can fly by the seat of her pants, so can I. So I pulled out my trusty flip camera and was ready to make my card. Well, needless to say, two hours later I was still sitting here with an unfinished card and a dead battery. LOL I've come to the conclusion that flying by the seat of my pants is definitely not gonna work for me. I was so upset I was about to throw the whole thing in the trash and my husband walks up and says, I don't like the butterfly border. Cut them apart and your card will look nice. So I cut my butterflies apart and 2 minutes later, my card was done. You know how some people just have a natural gift for making things look beautiful and then there is me. I guess God has blessed us all with different talents and I'm thankful for the ones that I do have.
Here is the link if you'd like to play along with us.
 http://www.gettingcricky.com/2011/08/simply-sunday-winged-things.html
Well, I guess I should show you my card.


10 X 7 scored at the 5 inch mark to make a 5 X 7 Card.
The green and white polka dot layer is cut at 4.75 X 6.75.
The pink butterfly paper was cut at 3 13/16 X 6.50.
They both came from the Girly Girl Colorbok Paper Pack from Wal-Mart
I used the EK Success (American Girl) Butterfly Punch from Hobby Lobby across the top of the green polka dot paper. Then embossed the pink butterfly paper with my (Crafts Too) Butterfly Embossing Folder from Custom Crops.
I cut the butterflies from my Cricut Sampler Cartridge at 1.5 inches.
My computer generated sentiment was cut out with a 1 3/8 circle punch and then backed with a bright pink 1 3/4 scalloped circle punch from Stamp-in Up. I just ordered my first set of Kristal's stamps and can hardly wait to start using them. Go to her blog and check them out.
Thanks for visiting me today and happy crafting.
God Bless
Sherry

10 comments:

  1. Well thank goodness your husband walked by! It would have been a cryin' shame to throw this beauty away! I love those gorgeous butterflies, and your sentiment is just lovely. And I think I've just added another embossing folder to my "must-have" list. ;) Wonderful card!

    As for you not having "the gift", don't you ever talk like that again, my friend. You are super creative and you inspire me with every post. And, as someone once told me, there's no such thing as an "un-beautiful" hand-made card. ;)

    Hugs, Nita

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job. Your card turned out so nice. I can't do videos by the seat of my pants either. Oh well some people have that talent. Just not me. LOL!
    Thank you for playing with us this week
    Becka
    Getting Cricky DTM
    Creations With Becka

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so bright and beautiful! I love the way you put some butterflies flying around on top of your butterfly paper. Great idea!
    Thank you so much for playing with us.
    :) Janis
    Getting Cricky DTM
    http://PauseDreamEnjoy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherry you are so talented...and I love the colors in this card!! Kerry :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty. Love all the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love this card, such bright colors. Great job! Good luck!
    Thank you for playing our Simply Sunday Challenge at Getting Cricky.
    Hugs :),
    Kathy - Getting Cricky DTM
    http://the3esblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sherry your card is so bright and fun! Thank you for sharing and joining us at Getting Cricky this Sunday.
    ~Hugs~
    Becky
    www.squirlygirlcreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You flew just fine!! This card is great!! I love how bright and cheery it is! Thanks for playing along with us at Getting Cricky's Simply Sunday Cahllenge!
    Happy Craftin :)

    Ildi-Getting Cricky DTM
    The Craftin Mama
    www.thecraftinmama.blogspot.com
    ildij3@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just gorgeous, Sherry! You did a great job! The colors are so fun and fabulous and I love the pink butterflies fluttering around the page! Thanks so much for playing along with our Getting Cricky Simply Sunday Challenge :)

    Lisa
    Getting Cricky DTM
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am glad you kept at it making your card. It turned out lovely! Thanks for joining the Getting Cricky SS Challenge!
    Janice

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are appreciated.
Thanks.
Sherry