Friday, August 19, 2011

A2 Sympathy Card

Hi everyone, we had a fun little challenge at Queen of my Craftroom and it was to use black, white and just a small bit of pink. I don't think I've ever made a black and white card. But pink is my favorite color so I was gonna take this challenge and see what I could put together. As much as I wish things weren't this way, I've needed several sympathy cards and decided to use this as an opportunity to make one. My daughter always says that I make my sympathy cards in colors that are to bright. Well, this is definitely not the case today. I'll show you my card and then I'll give you the recipe. Let me know if you think this card is to bluhhhh to give out to someone in mourning. The last thing I want to do is make that situation worse.

This is an A2 size card and I dove tailed the end of the ribbons. Here is a list of the supplies I used.
Papertrey Ink - Black and White Card Stock and White ribbon
Wal-Mart - Colorbok - Neutral Stack
Joann's - K and Company  - Elegance Swirls
Stamp-in Up - X lrg Decorative Label Punch, Four Frames Stamps and Regal Rose Ink
Sentiment - computer generated.
Thanks for visiting me today and happy crafting.
Let me know what you think.
God Bless
Sherry

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty!! TFS and have a fabulous weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very elegant Sherry. I love the touch of pink...you did a great job on it, these cards are so hard to make. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are appreciated.
Thanks.
Sherry