Sunday, June 12, 2011

Guest Designer for My Creative Time with Emma

I am so excited and could hardly wait to tell you all, that I get to be a guest designer for 
"My Creative Time with Emma".
Everyday this week I will post a new card using her stamp set "Turn That Frown Upside Down".  There are just so many possibilities with Emma's stamps. They stamp perfect every time, so you don't have to be afraid to stamp directly onto your projects. You can go to the link below to purchase your next set of stamps from Emma.
Happy Shopping!
Now to show you the card that I made for the first day.
This is a card that I made for my husband. We have been going crazy planning and getting ready for our two children's graduations and a party for almost 100 people. Spending money is something that doesn't come easy for him yet he has just been wonderful through this whole thing. He never complained once about me wanting special cups, or having to have a certain color table cloth. I was so proud of him and I just wanted to be sure he knew how happy it made me to plan this wonderful day for our children. So lets find out what it took to put this card together.

The honey pot comes from the Disney Pooh and Friends Cricut Cartridge. I welded 2 pieces together cut from the black out feature (pg 61). They were cut at 5.5 inches. Then I cut all the layers, including the base layer.  When you weld something together, you always have a flat piece where the two pieces are squeezed together to overlap. So I put the base layer on the welded card and then continued with the remaining pieces. I used a white gel pen to do faux stitching around the pieces and a dimensional to pop up the little circle at the top. Then added my glitter glue to the honey drops to make them look nice and shiny and sparkly.  The card fits perfectly into an A2 size envelope and I was real happy with how it turned out. Here are a list of the supplies I used and where I got them encase you are interest in purchasing some for yourself.

My Creative Time with Emma - Turn That Frown Upside Down stamp set
Joann's - The Paper Co. - Pastel Pack
Bazzill - Pineapple Bliss
Papertrey Ink - Blueberry Sky and White Card stock
Wal-Mart - Glitter Glue
Stampin Up - Dimensionals

Thanks for visiting me today and happy crafting.
Sherry

9 comments:

  1. Your card is so cute! Emma's stamp looks awesome here!!! :) Love the glitter!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your card is just adorable! Congrats on being Emma's guest designer - I can see why she asked you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card looks great. I love this shaped Honey Pot so adorable. Can't wait to see what you have created for the rest of the week. I'm sure it will be AWESOME!

    Hugs
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable card... congrats on being Emma's guest designer...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww its soo cute! I love it. And I'm sure your husband will love it too.
    Thank you for your comment, I got my cricut about 3 years ago. But its not making a noise anymore, so I think it was just still a little wet.
    Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card!!!!! Thank you for sharing and I can't wait to see what you have tomorrow! Congratulations on being the guest designer. Come visit my blog!

    mimi2trentdrew.blogspot.com
    cbarwick@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Honey Pot card you made for Father Day. Thank you for sharing.
    Have a nice day :)
    Delama

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute. I love the shape you created.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome, creative card, Love it!!! Thanks for sharing with us! Hugs, Cathryn :)

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are appreciated.
Thanks.
Sherry