Sunday, June 5, 2011

Create A Critter - Giraffe Card

This was a fun and easy card to do. I absolutely love when people make those beautiful elegant cards. But I just can't, I wish I could. Monique Hansen, from For the Love of Paper can make some elegant cards. Here is the link to her blog, check her out guys.  http://www.fortheloveofpaper-moniques.blogspot.com/  Her projects go beyond just being a card and become a piece of art. I don't think my mind works that way. So I made this super fun and super easy card that I'd like to share with you today.
All of the paper on this card was from the Provo Craft Animal Kingdom Pack.
The bottom layer is cut at 4.0 X 3.25
The top layer is cut at 4.0 X 2.50
I used my atg and put tape on both sides. I then over lapped them to make the height 5.25 inches.
The giraffe was cut at 5.0 inches and all of his layers. 
The stamp set was from Stampin Up.
I then used my gel pen to do some faux stitching.
The lace was from my stash, so I have no idea where I got it from. But it matched perfectly.
Thanks for visiting me today and happy crafting.
Sherry

3 comments:

  1. Adorable! I wish I could make super fancy cards too. I try sometimes, but they never go the way I want them to. I love simple cards just as much as the fancy ones. Your card is adorable!

    Hugs, Sheena

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super cute! I've tried the sophisticated cards too, but they never turn out. I always end up adding something from Create a Critter. :)
    Nita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sherry... Oh you are so sweet to give me a big Shout Out!! Thank you so much... your cards are so sweet they always make me smile... I just love this little giraffe so cute.... Thanks again for all your support :)...Monique

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are appreciated.
Thanks.
Sherry