Friday, May 6, 2011

Mothers Day 3

This was my idea of a funny card for my mom for her special day and of course a little way to poke fun at my sisters. I have 3 sisters and my mom would never have a favorite. But it sure is fun just to think, even for a minute, that I could be the favorite. I wrote mom a note with this card that said she had to put it on the TV where everyone could see it and put my sister's cards behind it. LOL This was a real simple card to make and I think my mom will get a real chuckle out of it.
It's a 4 X4 white square card base.
I then cut a 2.25 X 3.75 inch piece of black to go across the top and a 1.25 X 3.75 inch piece of pink to go across the bottom. I added 2 pieces of ribbon. A larger white piece and then a narrow pink piece to wrap around and tie in a knot. This covered where the two pieces of paper met.
The stamped design was colored using water color pencils and blended with a blending pen. I cut the design out and popped it up on pop dots. The sentiment is a metal tag that I had gotten at a local thrift store. I had never seen anything like them before and really thought they were cool. I popped the sentiment up on pop dots too. Super easy and done. Now all I have to do is sit back and wait until mothers day when my sisters start calling to refute who the favorite really is. This way I know for sure that they are going to call and then I get to talk to each of them all in one day. God not only blessed me with great parents but also with the best sisters anyone could ever ask for. I think you all have heard all you want to about my family, so on to the card.

Supplies for this card. (again real easy)

Wal-mart - Pink, Black and White cardstock, pink and white ribbons, and pop dots
Stampin Up - Hedgehog Happiness Stamp Set, Watercolor Pencils and Blending Pens

1 comment:

  1. cute card & sentiment-love the sweet hedgies-I noticed on the paper cutz blog that it was your first ever challenge-a big congrats

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are appreciated.
Thanks.
Sherry