Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Sarah's Birthday Invitations


Papertrey Ink Paper - Raspberry Fizz
Stampin Up Paper and Products - Tempting Turquoise Card Stock, Elegant Bouquet Embossing folder, Rhinestones and Versa Mark
Wal-Mart - Velcro Circles
Scrappy Papers (Lake City Florida) - Ultra Thick Embossing Powder

Recipe:
I made 70 of these cards including envelopes from the Wild Card Cartridge.
All the cuts for the card base were done at 4 inches.
The S is from the Storybook Cartridge and is cut at 1.8 inches.
I coated the "S" with Stampin Up Versa Mark and then dipped it in Ultra Thick Embossing Powder  and heat set it each time for a total of  3 times. It gave it a shiney, thick coat.
I added the Stampin Up rhinestones to the center of each of the embossed flowers.
Then used the velcro circles to keep the card closed.
The party information was printed from my computer and cut out at 3.25 inches.
A black square was cut at 3.5 inches, the information was layered on top and then layered on top of the invitation.

I also made pillowboxes to match the invitations from a Stampin Up die (#113466) for the party favors, but forgot to take pictures of them. They really turned out cute in black, tempting turquoise, and raspberry fizz. They were the perfect addition to pull the colors from the invitations back into the actual party.
I do NOT  work for Stampin Up, but do know a great demonstrator if you need one.
Thanks for visiting me today and happy crafting.
Sherry

3 comments:

  1. Sweet invitation! I love the embossing details and the added bling! Good job. I am your new follower. Judy
    http://craftyjar.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty Invitation! I love the bling in the center of the flowers. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your birthday invitation...very pretty! Thank you for sharing your 'recipe':)

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are appreciated.
Thanks.
Sherry