Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Create A Critter - River's Birthday Invitation


These invitations were made for the sweetest little 2 year old, River. He was having a monkey themed birthday party and his mom was kind enough to let me make the invitations. I had a blast. The card it 5.5 X 8.5 and the blue and green paper is colorbok and the paper for the monkey is from stampin up. The vines and leaves were inked around the endges with old olive Stampin Up ink and then jazzed up with some green glitter glue. The monkey, cut at 3.5 inches, is hanging from a jump ring so he swings back and forth. The flowers on the vine are from I Am Roses. They are found under the scrapbook flowers sections. They are flat, so you don't have to worry about them getting squished in the mail. Most of my cards are placed in the mail, so finding flat flowers is important to me. I Am Roses has a great supply and the shipping is very reasonable. Thanks for visiting my blog and happy crafting.
Sherry

3 comments:

  1. The monkeys are my favorite. Morgan has a huge monkey collection. She would love these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you made the monkey swing!! I am definitely going to have to scrap-lift that idea!! Your projects are so amazing, I love your blog! Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier too! :)
    -Lori Craftin' Blind

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought this cart just for the monkey!! Your card is sweet and I love how you added flowers to the vine....now why didn't I think of that?! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are appreciated.
Thanks.
Sherry