Monday, April 25, 2011

Flower Card


Target - K & Co. Designer Pack and Colorbok glitter paper
Stampin Up - Pink Pirouette
Pink by Design - Stamp (Our Kids) and twine
Wal-Mart - Yellow Button
This is an A2 size card.
Glitter paper cut at 4 X 5.25
Designer paper cut at 3.75 X 5.0
The center of the flower are drops my daughter and I made and we had a blast. As soon as I can figure out how to do a video my daughter and I will do a tuturiol on how we made them.
I contacted Judy, the very kind lady from http://www.craftyjar.blogspot.com/ to see if I could purchase some paper flowers she made and showed on her blog. She is so wonderful. I got an email back and she said she would just send me some and she also emailed me the instructions on how to make them. Well, I got this big envelope in the mail from her and I was so excited. It had one of those gummy seals where it could be opened and closed real easy. Well, when I opened it, there was a card from her in it and NO flowers. I wasn't going to say anything to her about it but then I didn't want her to think that she had went to all that hard work and I never used any of them. So I contacted her and we both hope that the post office likes the flowers they got as much as we did. Possibly a good reason why we should tape our envelopes shut too when we put them in the mail.
Now comes confession time. I took a picture of Judy's card because I wanted to always be able to remember it. It is only the 3rd homemade card I've ever gotten. I mentioned how much I loved her flowers right? Well, I took it off the card she sent and put it on this card I made. I hope you're not upset with me Judy. I guess it's kinda my version of recycling. LOL
I got on line yesterday and couldn't find the exact kind of punch she told me to use, but very close and ordered them. So hopefully you'll see more of these flowers in all colors on my cards in the future.
Thanks for visiting me today and happy crafting.
Sherry

2 comments:

  1. So pretty! Love how you did the big flower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sherry... Your card is so fun, cute and cheerful....I totally love the big flower and added twine... Great work!!

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are appreciated.
Thanks.
Sherry